Sunday, February 5, 2012

Query #1: Whisky After Wine?

I’m hoping that one of the whisky drinkers reading this blog (there are some, I hope) can help me with a question. I remember a long time ago always hearing the admonition never to mix alcohols. So last night, I had some wine with dinner (a Cheverny with quite a bit of mineral on the mid-palate). I did have several glasses (maybe a half-bottle?). Later in the evening I was thinking about going ahead and trying some whisky but I was concerned that the wine early in the evening followed by whisky late would lead to … bad results. Headache or upset stomach or … I don't know. So I held off.

So what do you think? Would it matter? Is some whisky a bad mix if I had wine 2 or 3 hours earlier? Let me know what you think.

Oh, and while I know that the Super Bowl is a beer sort of event … I must stay that a little Tawny Port during the 4th quarter wasn't too bad.

Update February 13, 2012 (formatting and typo corrections).

No comments:

Post a Comment