Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Slow Start & Filling in a Few Blanks

Sheesh. Sometimes the world around us just doesn’t want to cooperate with our plans for relaxation and exploration. I’ve got all kinds of ideas for things I want to do and write about on this blog … but I keep having to postpone those plans to deal with things like wife and kids. Now tell me, is that fair? Really?

Anyway, I did want to take a minute to fill in a few blanks from an earlier post. In A Wine Guy’s Exploration of Whisky (Part 2) I mentioned the “whisky guy” at Vine & Table and identified him as “Dennis”. Well, I’ve since learned that I added an extra “n” (sorry, Denis) and that his surname is Lynch (his card says that he’s the beverage manager). I’m not going to include his email here in order to spare him the spam that would likely be generated by the flood of traffic to this blog (does Spam pair well with whisky?).

More importantly, I was also able to go back to the store to find out which whisky Denis had first poured for me (the one I identified as all alcohol heat). It was Wild Scotsman 15-Year:


Is this a whisky that you’ve tried? If so, let me know what you thought of it. And besides the bottle of Highland Park that I purchased, what else would you recommend … and why?

Update February 13, 2012 (formatting and typo corrections).

No comments:

Post a Comment